The Three T’s to Assist Autistic Youth and Adults$TBA
About this course
The Three T’s to Assist Autistic Youth and Adults: Transitions, Teaching Strategies and Training aims to:
Provide fundamental information about Autism Spectrum Conditions from diagnosis to training/teaching strategies.
Target audience: Teachers, psychologists, community support staff and parents
Duration: 6 hours
*Introduction or tailored program can be presented for 2 or 4 hours.
Inclusions: Videos from those with a lived experience of ASC, Parents and Professionals, workbooks, Certificate of Participation.
Participant numbers: 6-100
- Cabaret-style seating (Groups of tables with chairs around)
- 2 screens preferable with the ability to run Powerpoint and video with good sound
- Lapel microphone for larger venues
- Tea/coffee and meals provided by host organisation.
- Deposit is required at time of booking.
These People are Smarter than You Outline
- Some common features that people with ASC may have Sensory Overload
- Parents Perspective
- Things Teachers should know about their students
- Students strengths
- Possible Learning challenges
- Support strategies
- Classroom management
- What Parents want Teachers to know
- Transition Program to Post School Education
- Reasons Why
- How it Works
- Transition is E A S Y
- On -going Support and Mentoring
- Conclusion and Evaluations
- Issues regarding Work
- Staff Development
- The Future
- Evaluation of Today’s Workshop