Getting the Group Going$TBA
About this course
Getting the Group Going – Classroom and Group Management skills
Aims: To provide fundamental information about classroom management techniques for staff in Community Services who run groups for neurodiverse groups but have no formal teacher training.
Target audience: Teachers Aids, Psychologists, Community support staff such as SLES, and Parents.
Inclusions: Workbooks, Certificate of Participation.
Participant numbers: 6-100
- Cabaret-style seating (Groups of tables with chairs around)
- Screen, sound and equipment to run PowerPoint
- Lapel microphone for larger venues
- Tea/coffee and meals provided by host organisation.
- Deposit is required at time of booking.
Getting the Group Going Outline
- Sensory Overload
- Things Teachers should know about their students’ needs, strengths and abilities
- Possible Learning challenges
- Learning Styles
- Support strategies
- Lesson Plans
- Lesson/ Group Objectives
- Classroom managemen
- Your roles and Responsibility
- Specific training techniques
- Conclusion and Evaluations
- Evaluation of Today’s Workshop